LED lighting has been used in retail lighting applications for quite a decade now with further advancements the products have been made available for almost every single application. Led panel lights being one of those, serve the retail and commercial setups well.
Very slim rectangular aluminum housing which has three layers.
Each layer has different functions as one has the heat sink,
Second layer has the housing which houses the led circuit which forms the light.
The front facing diffuser casts a uniform bright light without any dark spots.
LED panels are of two types
- Recessed: flat panel mostly square or rectangular in shape with very thin aluminum housing and a frame. usually used for downlighting and common applications are offices, hospitals and any other themed work spaces
- Surface mounted: surface mounted panels are very versatile and have a number of applications including outdoors. These panels as the name suggest can be mounted on any surface and cut into different sizes according to the requirement.
Nowadays, custom made surface mounted panels are available. They are on an acrylic sheet with led lights around the corner also known as edge lit led panels. Can be used on countertops or under cabinets.
Edge lit led panels have various applications with integrated led technology they are quite popular among business owners.
These panels can be fitted anywhere and their most popular use is advertisement.
In shops you can put your products on display using these panels. They are attractive, aesthetically pleasing and draws in customers
These panels are quite versatile and can be used in a lot of commercial spaces for advertisement and general lighting. In all sorts of spaces led panels are generally used for back lighting or down lighting.
Applications of led panels:
- Recreational facilities
- Cafes and restaurants
Advantages of led panels:
- Low maintenance and operation costs due to long lifetime of LED
- Easy to carry and transport
- Easy to install
- Available to retro fit
- Slim lightweight aluminum housing which gives it a sleek look
- Highly efficient and reliable as it’s a very durable technology and has rare chances of breakage or being harmful for the environment.
- Available in different colour temperatures which makes them super-efficient when used in custom or theme based setups.